CONTEST RULES: 2019 CHRISTMAS LIGHTS IN ALBERT COUNTY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: ThisCampaign is open only to those who sign up at the FundyTourism.com and who are 18 as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legalresidents of New Brunswick and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Albert County Tourism Association, itsaffiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers,(collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or thoseliving in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate inthe Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial,and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: Byparticipating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally boundby these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibilityrequirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Albert County Tourism Association asfinal and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period:Entries will be accepted online starting on November24 and ending December 15 at 12:00 AMAtlantic Standard Time. All online entries mustbe received by December 15 at 12:00 AM Atlantic Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: TheCampaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form providedat fundytourism.com. The entry must fulfillall Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entriesthat are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may bedisqualified at the sole discretion of AlbertCounty Tourism Association. You must provide theinformation requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by usingmultiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumventthe rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent therules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretionof Albert County Tourism Association.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s)of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive acash prize of $125 in the form of a cheque from the Albert County Tourism Association.The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Albert County Tourism Association. Anyand all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and allfederal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility ofWinner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others orrequest for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prizeconstitutes permission for Albert County TourismAssociation to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry forpurposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unlessprohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on thenumber of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection andNotification: Winner will be selected in the popular choice category as aresult of onlining voting and in the Judge category by a panel of judges underthe supervision of Albert County Tourism Association. Winner will be notified by emailand or telephone within five (5) days following selectionof Winner. Albert County Tourism Association shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receivenotices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’sprovision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. IfWinner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 90 days from the time award notification was sent, orfails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release asrequired, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receiptby Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliancewith any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANYVIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ALBERTCOUNTY TOURISM ASSOCIATION ‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILLRESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALLPRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You:By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand andagree that Albert County TourismAssociation, anyone acting on behalf of Albert County Tourism Association, and Albert County Tourism Association’s licensees, successors,and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish,broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed,in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name,portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, andbiographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising,public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation,notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering thiscontent, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work ofauthorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectualproperty rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property rightof another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Albert County Tourism Association. If the content of yourentry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectualproprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defendor settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Albert County Tourism Association fromand against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs orexpense, which Albert County TourismAssociation may incur, suffer, or be required to payarising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’sright.
9. Terms &Conditions: Albert County TourismAssociation reserves the right, in its solediscretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus,bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Albert County Tourism Association’s control corrupt oraffect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of theCampaign. In such case, Albert CountyTourism Association may select theWinner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (ifappropriate) the action taken by Albert County TourismAssociation. Albert CountyTourism Association reserves the right,in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts totamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website orviolates these Terms & Conditions. AlbertCounty Tourism Association has the right, inits sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votesfor any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the sameuser from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer inexcess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts,or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant todeliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of theCampaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt bemade, Albert County Tourism Association reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permittedby law.
10. Limitation ofLiability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Albert County Tourism Association andits subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners,representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, anddirectors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim,or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligenceor not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/heracceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof;(ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to themalfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or othermechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of anytransmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized humanintervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronicor human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing ofentries.
11. Disputes: THISCampaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND THE PROVINCE OF NEW BRUNSWICK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a conditionof participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputesthat cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising outof or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, withoutresort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Brunswick having jurisdiction.Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant bepermitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive,incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees,other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associatedwith entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to havedamages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsorof the Campaign is Albert County TourismAssociation.
13. The Campaign hostedby Albert County Tourism Association isin no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By Clicking Here, You, the Contestant,have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.